The COVID-19 pandemic caused Congress to pass the Coronavirus Aid, Relief & Economic Security Act - the CARES Act. While most people talk about the SBA Lending, Payroll Protection Plan (PPP) and Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL), many people don't know or understand the rest of the Act and its impact on your ability to make and save money.
In this week's episode of The Crushing Debt Podcast, we talk about:
- Stimulus Money from the US Treasury (IRS) and how it is treated in bankruptcy court;
- Forbearance Plans;
- Student Loan provisions in the CARES Act;
- Other bankruptcy law changes in the CARES Act;
- FL Governor DeSantis's Executive Order 20-94 (tolling foreclosures and evictions for 45 days); and
- Small Business Reorganization Act (SBRA), which was not a part of COVID-19 or CARES Act, but was signed into law and implemented just before the pandemic spread.
If you have questions about how you can save money during the Coronavirus Pandemic, please contact my office Shawn@YesnerLaw.com or www.YesnerLaw.com.
Please also visit our sponsor, Attorneys First Insurance and talk to Sam Cohen about E&O Insurance for your law firm or title company.